• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK seems slow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK seems slow

Last 48 hours or so... up to 30s to post a message and reload the page. Everything else I visit seems as normal.

Anyone else?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Sorry about that. While posting I take up quite alot of bandwidth.

Comment

Yes, has been a bit slower - think it is an update to the contract search wizard that is hogging DB connections. Was out yesterday so will have a look this afternoon. Seem pretty responsive at present though.

Comment

It's all the numpties posting stuff in Prof areas instead of General by mistake IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Last 48 hours or so... up to 30s to post a message and reload the page. Everything else I visit seems as normal.

Anyone else?
          There seem to be a few locks
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Contract search wizard updated:
            IT Contract Jobs l Contract Search Wizard l Contractor UK

Fixed a long-term problem with JobServe where it wasn't returning nearly enough jobs. When we fixed it though it was writing a lot more results to the DB and was causing the slowdown. A few tweaks and seems to be running a lot smoother now. Let me know if any problems though.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Contract search wizard updated:
              IT Contract Jobs l Contract Search Wizard l Contractor UK

Fixed a long-term problem with JobServe where it wasn't returning nearly enough jobs. When we fixed it though it was writing a lot more results to the DB and was causing the slowdown. A few tweaks and seems to be running a lot smoother now. Let me know if any problems though.
              It's still been pretty slow in the last ten minutes or so from this end.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                It's still been pretty slow in the last ten minutes or so from this end.
                It is always slower between 12 and 2, i'm guessing because a lot more users are accessing the site on their lunch break

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  It is always slower between 12 and 2, i'm guessing because a lot more users are accessing the site on their lunch break
                  I think they must do a backup at 1:15 am too. I've got a habit of waking up at that time, and having a quick check at the last page I was looking at before bed (which recently has often been CUK) on my mobile phone. I takes about two minutes to refresh at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    I think they must do a backup at 1:15 am too. I've got a habit of waking up at that time, and having a quick check at the last page I was looking at before bed ...
                    Surely the last thing you should do if you're having trouble sleeping is remind yourself of your latest previous waking activity.

I have a special pile of boring books to dip into last thing, and they take my mind off whatever I was doing earlier.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X