• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Visio and MS Project for Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Visio and MS Project for Mac

Does anyone know if there is Visio or Microsoft Project avaialble for Mac? And if not, then is there an equivalent?

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
    Does anyone know if there is Visio or Microsoft Project avaialble for Mac? And if not, then is there an equivalent?
    Yes just download parallels and run it under that.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes, Omnigraffle Pro (which will allow you to open and edit .vsd files) and Merlin.

These were the first 2 apps I bought alongside my Mac, the other one being Office 2011.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I hear ItaskX works with project files - not used it myself.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Think I have MS Project for Mac somewhere in my collection of crap. Think it was Version 4.0 and ran on OS9, might run in Sheepshaver.

Could try Crossover (basically Wine with knobs on) see if any versions run - saves having to boot up a VM...

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
            Nah, neither of those unfortunately.

I use Visio within OSX using Parallels 7 though and it runs beautifully, same performance as native. Wouldn't bother looking for an equivalent if those are the apps you are comfortable with (and are industry standard), just VM 'em, its the way to go.
            Last edited by Durbs; 3 August 2012, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              Nah, neither of those unfortunately.

I use Visio within OSX using Parallels 7 though and it runs beautifully, same performance as native. Wouldn't bother looking for an equivalent if those are the apps you are comfortable with (and are industry standard), just VM 'em, its the way to go.
              Thanks for that, and you are right they are industry standard and I'm definitely comfortable with these.. so long as app functionality isn't compromised then I think I'll do what you suggest. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Merlin.
                WCS - its possibly better than MS Proj.
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                X