• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone 5 pictures leaked (yeah I no not really new news but....)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like a newer nano than my 4Gb one but I don't like the touch-screen on the new ones
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Its more evolution rather than revolution! Not sure if the LTE version will be sold in the UK though in advance of EE launching their 4G offering
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Its more evolution rather than revolution! Not sure if the LTE version will be sold in the UK though in advance of EE launching their 4G offering
        LTE version? Are you saying there's separate versions of the iPhone 5, one with LTE, one without?

I read this:
        Has an LTE chip - single chip, single radio, dynamic antenna. In the UK that means EE if you want it.
        here,
        Apple iPhone 5 announcement: as it happened | News | PC Pro

So I don't get your LTE version comment

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          LTE version? Are you saying there's separate versions of the iPhone 5, one with LTE, one without?

I read this:

here,
          Apple iPhone 5 announcement: as it happened | News | PC Pro

So I don't get your LTE version comment
          There are 3 versions, two GSM and one CDMA all with different versions of LTE

http://mashable.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-versions-lte/

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Numpty LTE question but will it work right across the 4G spectrum? i.e. when 4G is opened up to O2 and Voda, will you be able to use their 4G network in the future even if you get the phone now?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Numpty LTE question but will it work right across the 4G spectrum? i.e. when 4G is opened up to O2 and Voda, will you be able to use their 4G network in the future even if you get the phone now?
              Well I assume no, at the moment EE are using part of their existing 1800mhz spectrum for LTE (which seems to be standard across Euroland), however the main 4G spectrum will be 800mhz or 2600mhz

Comment

Well I assume no, at the moment EE are using part of their existing 1800mhz spectrum for LTE (which seems to be standard across Euroland), however the main 4G spectrum will be 800mhz or 2600mhz
                So the phone will only be configured to work on LTE 1800mhz and will not be able to access 4G at the other ends of the spectrum which are the bits that O2/Voda will get?

This means that O2/Voda will never be able to sell an iPhone5 for use on 4G? Or will they come with a different LTE config in the future?

Seems strange.

Comment

So the phone will only be configured to work on LTE 1800mhz and will not be able to access 4G at the other ends of the spectrum which are the bits that O2/Voda will get?

This means that O2/Voda will never be able to sell an iPhone5 for use on 4G? Or will they come with a different LTE config in the future?

Seems strange.
                  EE will be using the 800mhz and 2600mhz in the future, they are just fudging the 1800mhz spectrum to get it out early.

Comment

There are 3 versions, two GSM and one CDMA all with different versions of LTE
                    when 4G is opened up to O2 and Voda, will you be able to use their 4G network in the future even if you get the phone now?

EE will be using the 800mhz and 2600mhz in the future, they are just fudging the 1800mhz spectrum to get it out early.
                    Well that's all a bit crap. Thanks for the clarification. I remain amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Well that's all a bit crap. Thanks for the clarification. I remain amazed.
                      I can sort of understand where Apple are coming from, they haven't included a specification that is not in use yet.

This is a better explanation of the bands, the 1800mhz band that EE are going to launch is Band 3, so I would hope that Apple would only let you buy this version from the UK Store

Comment

Working...
                      X