• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Playing Video files on an iPad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Video files on an iPad

I have pretty much convinced myself to get an iPad, the only thing I have yet to work out is the best way to playback video files on the device, ideally I would like to be able to copy the files over to the device and then play them back on an app rather than having to fiddle with converting them to what ever format Apple has designated to be their preferred choice.

Will need to be a non jailbroken solution!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Danusoft is what you need, I got a free download for 'liking' it on Facebook (it does convert on a PC, but I don't know if you can avoid that bit).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Danusoft is what you need, I got a free download for 'liking' it on Facebook.
      [Thinks]Hmmm, do I really trust technical advice from Cojak?[/Thinks]

[Reply]You're the imbecile asking, not me. And I can edit your post.[/Reply]

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This help?

How to put videos on iPad, play videos on iPad?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That seems to convert them, I am looking for a drop and drag that will play files natively, this looks a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            That seems to convert them, I am looking for a drop and drag that will play files natively, this looks a possibility
            Try this
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Try this
              As much as I like the Android platform I feel myself drawn back to iOS after waiting and waiting for manufactures to decide if they are letting customers get the latest version of the OS.

The Transformer Prime compared to the iPad 2 is much the same, but the "New" iPad blows the Prime out of the water, I know there is supposedly a Prime 2 due soon but I have given up waiting for the next big thing after the disappointment of the iPhone 5/4S debacle (which led me to jump to the HTC Sensation), I choose what is available now and that hands down is an iPad

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                As much as I like the Android platform I feel myself drawn back to iOS after waiting and waiting for manufactures to decide if they are letting customers get the latest version of the OS.

The Transformer Prime compared to the iPad 2 is much the same, but the "New" iPad blows the Prime out of the water, I know there is supposedly a Prime 2 due soon but I have given up waiting for the next big thing after the disappointment of the iPhone 5/4S debacle (which led me to jump to the HTC Sensation), I choose what is available now and that hands down is an iPad
                The new one is out at the end of August, comes with a very high definition screen as well (similar or the same as Apple's retina display)
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  The new one is out at the end of August, comes with a very high definition screen as well (similar or the same as Apple's retina display)
                  Price is too unrealistic, at £599 its more than the iPad, no 3G (the 3G version has lower spec GPU and CPU) and the keyboard is extra

Comment

I shelled out for a Nexus 7 but haven't been back home to pick it up yet, mind you there are two in the office and they're pretty good
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X