• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electronic signature pad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic signature pad.

Anyone know of reasonably cheap, electronic signature pad so you can add signatures to documents?

We're supposed to be at the forefront of IT and friggin agents want me to print out pieces of paper, sign them (sometimes by 2 different people), scan them all in then return!? WTF!?

Dont they realise plenty of people dont use PSC's anymore? Besides, the ink's friggin expensive and dries up when not used regularly!

</Bolshie in rant mode>
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Sign a piece of paper, take a photo or scan it in and keep on file to use in forms

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...-word-doc.html
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Sign a piece of paper, take a photo or scan it in and keep on file to use in forms

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...-word-doc.html
      Yeah thanks I know, you mentioned that before. But like I said, its a bit easy for someone to copy and paste that to any number of other documents.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Yeah thanks I know, you mentioned that before. But like I said, its a bit easy for someone to copy and paste that to any number of other documents.
        Alas that is the same for any signature regardless of how its inserted into the document

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Alas that is the same for any signature regardless of how its inserted into the document
          Perhaps but if it has a digital security certificate it lessens the risk a little imo.

Comment

Choices of devices for Capturing Handwritten Signatures &amp; Software

To get rid of paper you may cosider various options - all used in production today:

* Signature Pads - rom various vendirs, personal suggestion prefer those with Wacom Pen Technology & Windows PC

Mobile Devices

a) iPad
            as used for example by insurance companies like AIA & INTER Insurance Goup (Germany)

or b) - for better signature quality - with Pen Technology from either Wacom or n-trig inside

* Android Smartphones (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Note 5.3)
            * Android Tablets (e.g. 8" Olivetti Graphos, 10.1" Samsung Galaxy Note from Aug 2012)
            * Windows Tablet PCs in slate or convertible mode (various vendors)

+ E-Signature Software

There is one software which is also used in banks as the signature is not "just a dumb graphic image only" but biometric features are captured and security certification is SignDoc.

Hope this was of some help.

Comment

Bolshie, if you are struggling writing your name and have to resort to doing it electronically have you thought about trying something like this?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Forrunner to the iPad:

http://52tiger.net/brief-history-of-the-ipad-prologue/
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not entirely sure I'm understanding requirement but could you not do all this in OneNote, included with Office? You can type in the document and sign on a blank image at foot with any Pen Tool, eg Wacom. Or you can scan in the document/paste screenshot and sign that.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 12 July 2012, 22:01.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why not just sign everything with this

Comment

Working...
                    X