• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac - Network drives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac - Network drives

How do i get a mac to map drives in which it will automatically connects on boot or network reconnect?

I have it mapped to the NAS, but it doesnt auto connect and its getting annoying now as iTunes never works...

Also, can you set up offline folders on a Mac with offline folders?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

How to Mount a Network Drive in OS X on Startup | Maciverse

Mac App Store - Folder Sync (Can't be done natively, needs a third party app).
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      +rep! Cheers.

Comment

You could use automater to create a script that runs and connects to network drives at start up. That's what I use. However it doesn't re-connect if I take mbp out of the house

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Does that just work at startup or will it mount when coming out of sleep ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Looking at mine, only on start up... Although I've restarted since making the changes, so not sure if that will make a diff!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              WFM in all circumstances: I currently mount four separate drives plus another Mac's drive, all on the local network, via Login Items and they're all available all the time, including on wake from sleep (though there is occasionally a brief pause, if the wifi connection is busy getting mail and mounting SFTP drives and so on, while it checks to see if they're still there).

Comment

I've found that I wasn't getting an server icon on my desktop - only to discover I ha switched if off.
                The checkbox next to ‘Connected Servers’ was disabled - switch this on and drop it into login items and bosh - sorted.
                This beats having to Command-k every time

Comment

Working...
                X