• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac mountain lion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac mountain lion...

Those who have it, is it worth the £20 upgrade next month?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Those who have it, is it worth the £20 upgrade next month?
    It's the price of a nice meal, do you think the work that went into developing it was < £20?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      It's the price of a nice meal, do you think the work that went into developing it was < £20?
      who knows, and personally, I dont care... I'm MS will say that Win8 is worth more than £90+ for the upgrade, doesnt suggest it's good! From my exposure, it's tulip and I wont be upgrading.

Is it better is all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        The Bobs who develop much of the software we use charge £1000s, doesn't mean it's worth that.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Haven't tried it, but the eight or so features they mentioned sounded pretty damn good, and what I've read so far about the other 200-odd adds to my sense of eager anticipation. For twenty quid (or whatever it is this side of the pond) I'll definitely be going for it - after a month or two, when the early adopters have suffered any possible pain, of course

Comment

I'm still debating if I want Lion... I don't know I like the sound of it. So maybe I'll wait for ML in 6 months and bite the bullet then.

Comment

There seems to be a push towards iCloud... Not sure i want all my docs floating around somewhere that could get hacked.

I use dropbox for client file sharing, office / home working etc. iCloud seems to automate things and that concerns me. I want control and to know what is going there. Does iCloud work on PC? (like Dropbox, GoogleDrive - which I didnt like... etc)

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                There seems to be a push towards iCloud... Not sure i want all my docs floating around somewhere that could get hacked.

I use dropbox for client file sharing, office / home working etc. iCloud seems to automate things and that concerns me. I want control and to know what is going there. Does iCloud work on PC? (like Dropbox, GoogleDrive - which I didnt like... etc)
                You need to be aware that dropbox has serious issues for client information. The data is stored within US borders meaning US law enforcement can gain access to it. If you use it for anything mildly sensitive I would recommend that you encrypt it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  You need to be aware that dropbox has serious issues for client information. The data is stored within US borders meaning US law enforcement can gain access to it. If you use it for anything mildly sensitive I would recommend that you encrypt it properly.
                  Hmmmm something to hide?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    WGAS.

Comment

Working...
                    X