• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macbook Memory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Memory

Looking at sys info, my memory is showing 2 slabs of DDR3 1333Mhz, so i assume these will be ok to replace them Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz Laptop Memory Kit.. | Ebuyer.com

The reason I ask is to confirm my selection, that the apple site says:

- Double Data Rate Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module (DDR3) format
    - 67.6mm x 30mm (1.18 inch)
    - 2 GB or 4 GB
    - 204-pin
    - PC3-10600 DDR3 1333 MHz type RAM
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Can't you check your spec at the Crucial website?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi Scooby,

If you go to Crucial they have an online tool that will tell you what memory upgrades are available. Very good, with excellent returns policies etc.
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
        Hi Scooby,

If you go to Crucial they have an online tool that will tell you what memory upgrades are available. Very good, with excellent returns policies etc.
        Wow, that says i can upgrade to 16gb (2x8gb) yet Apple say they only support 8gb (2x4gb). Although I did note this on the side:

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
        Maximum Memory: 16GB
        Slots: 2
        Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600 with a maximum of 8GB per slot.*
        *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.
        So which is it, and would I notice a DRAMATIC increase going from 4gb to 16gb?

Comment

Google and Amazon reviews say that it works great, so just ordered 16gb (2x8gb) to delivered tomorrow AM.

proof will be in the trying...

Comment

I must get around to increasing my SSD storage...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I must get around to increasing my SSD storage...
              Mmm, I was looking at the 256GB SSD on that site. Tempting

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Mmm, I was looking at the 256GB SSD on that site. Tempting
                That's what I'm going for (when I get around to it...)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  That's what I'm going for (when I get around to it...)
                  When you look at parallels x 2 @ 64gb 256gb doesnt leave much for me... Is the speed increase worth it? They do a 512gb but its still v expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                    When you look at parallels x 2 @ 64gb 256gb doesnt leave much for me... Is the speed increase worth it? They do a 512gb but its still v expensive.
                    I don't need 64GB for a VM though, a few gigs for Windows, another few gigs for applications and dev, 20 is more than enough for me. That still leaves plenty of space for native Mac stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X