• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scam or for real?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam or for real?

A friend of mine applied for a job on craigslist in the US, and got an email inviting her to go to Fairchild, Jones & Assoc., LLC and fill in the details. You can try it yourself by clicking on "Get Started". After asking a few questions, it directs you to Creditscore Insights, and then redirects to the profinity.com "free credit check", as part of their identity validation.

The whois for fairchildjones show it was only registered 6 days ago! It's obviously a scam, but profinity.com has been around for quite a while. Any other suggestions on how to dig further. Unless the owner of fairchildjones.com gets some benefit from redirect people to profinity.com, I can't really see the point.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Anyone who signs up with profinity.com nets the email sender $25. The register of the fake website has used an apparently real name and address.

Comment

I thought craigslist was only used by serial killers and rapists?!

Anyway if you have to ask if its a scam, good judgment is to assume it is.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

was I the only one who read that as Profanity.com and had a picture of Roger Mellie in their head?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          was I the only one who read that as Profanity.com and had a picture of Roger Mellie in their head?
          No, I did as well.

Comment

Craigslist seems synonymous with scams these days. I doubt its a good place to get a new job. I remember a scam a couple of years ago where jobs were advertised in India for some fictious construction company. Everybody who applied got a job and they were all told to pay 50£ for visa processing. A lot of them mugs paid up and then started wondering why they never heard again from the scamsters.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
            X