• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VPN / Proxy or Whatever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN / Proxy or Whatever

Now that the Tories are planning on passing laws to allow eavesdropping on internet, email, texting etc, I'm thinking about having the ability to surf / email anonymously. Bugger all to hide just the principle of it.

Any recommendations technical or paid for services that any of you have experience of?
    Me, me, me...

iPredator

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...-numpties.html
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Now that the Tories are planning on passing laws to allow eavesdropping on internet, email, texting etc, I'm thinking about having the ability to surf / email anonymously. Bugger all to hide just the principle of it.
      It's a bit late to be concerned about that now imo.

You think "they" haven't been eavesdropping that stuff already? I'd be amazed if "they" aren't already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
        It's a bit late to be concerned about that now imo.

You think "they" haven't been eavesdropping that stuff already? I'd be amazed if "they" aren't already doing it.
        Not in any rush to implement anything.

This is technical so if you don't have anything constructive to say then fck off there's a good chap.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Thank you, missed that one.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Any recommendations technical or paid for services that any of you have experience of?
            I use relakks .....

Now the question is, why are you using it?

If you are concerned with the digital rights bill, infringement letters, etc, then get a VPN service.

If you are concerned about your government eavesdropping on you a VPN service is a waste of money. All electronic communications globally have been monitored worldwide for over three decades.

Also regardless of what VPN service you use, if the UK authorities approach them and provide evidence that you may have committed a crime that carries a jail term, they have to hand over your logs.

The simple fact is it's very easy to monitor you if someone is so inclined to. VPN services can't offer any protection at all. If they are tapping/eavesdropping on you, you are already on their radar, too late sucker.

WAR IS PEACE
            FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
            IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Comment

NB: Mr whippy was right .... Read up about echlon ....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                They have been for a while. I'd like to see my file just out of curiosity but that wont ever happen.

What's amazing, is simple agencies like MI5 and the amount of storage they have available (enough for a multi page document on every UK citizen).

Comment

Philosphical discussions for General please.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                    I use relakks .....

Now the question is, why are you using it?

If you are concerned with the digital rights bill, infringement letters, etc, then get a VPN service.

If you are concerned about your government eavesdropping on you a VPN service is a waste of money. All electronic communications globally have been monitored worldwide for over three decades.

Also regardless of what VPN service you use, if the UK authorities approach them and provide evidence that you may have committed a crime that carries a jail term, they have to hand over your logs.

The simple fact is it's very easy to monitor you if someone is so inclined to. VPN services can't offer any protection at all. If they are tapping/eavesdropping on you, you are already on their radar, too late sucker.

WAR IS PEACE
                    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
                    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
                    VPN to where, to protect yourself how? you would have to come out to the DMZ at some point, therfore encryption would be dropped from that point.
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X