• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows to OSX Conversion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows to OSX Conversion

My iTunes was created on a Windows machines, as such in the iTunes Library.xml all the files are referenced as file://localhost/M:/****** all these files are on a NAS which I can access on my MacBook Pro, so I assumed if I changed the path to be file://localhost/Volumes/Music/****** it would work, but alas the files are not found in iTunes.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this working?
    Last edited by SimonMac; 30 March 2012, 12:17.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My iTunes was created on a Windows machines, as such in the iTunes Library.xml all the files are referenced as file://localhost/M:/****** all these files are on a NAS which I can access on my MacBook Pro, so I assumed if I changed the path to be file://localhost/Volumes/Music/****** it would work, but alas the files are not found in iTunes.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this working?
    Can you export the library from your pc and import it to your mac.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I have the library sync'd via drop box, so it can be accessible to both machines, any songs I purchases directly from iTunes are stored within /Dropbox/iTunes/iTunes Music/Downloads/ which is the same on both Operating Systems, however I have about 10,790 songs on a NAS which I have ripped from various CD's which I can only access on the Windows machines as they are stored file://localhost/M:/ I was hoping that I could hack the library to point to file://localhost/Volumes/Music which means I don't have to move any files or manually locate the files on the new system.
      Last edited by SimonMac; 30 March 2012, 12:38.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Try file:///Volumes/blah - ie. with three slashes and no "localhost"; the file:// bit means the file system, and / is the path to the root of the local machine. (I haven't tested this, but it's a thought... I'll have a look at my iTunes library when I get home.)

Comment

When I browse file://localhost/Volumes/Muisc/ through a browser on the Mac it works, so I think thats fine, its just getting iTunes to recognise it

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            This might have worked, delete the *.itl file, save the *.xml else where, make the changes to the path then import the library back into the new *.itl file

Comment

Working...
            X