• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone/iPad Development Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I don't do apps. However, I do know is some people who have successfully launched apps and the same people who have unsuccessfully launched apps.

The difference in both cases is getting some PR to build initial sales. Initial downloads lead to appearing on the charts which leads to more sales, which leads to more time in the chart.

App discovery is the really big problem for apps and Apple are spending millions buying anyone who may make it easier see Apple Acquires Chomp; App Store Search And Discovery To Be Completely Revamped | TechCrunch for just one example.

The one thing I wanted to emphasis is that writing something on the basis of if its there people will come may not be the best approach. Yes some people may find it but considering how bad Apple's app search system currently is I really wouldn't want to bet on it. Just try to find the iOS equivalent of google's sky map to see what I mean.
    To ensure you pick the correct one its a £1.99 app from memory.

As such I really think you need to find someone who has already launched apps and get some advice on how to ensure you app is launched with slightly more than a damp squid.
    Agree. If you build it, they won't come (without some marketing).

damp squid.

squib.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Agree. If you build it, they won't come (without some marketing).

damp squid.

squib.
      I'm assuming its an IT Crowd reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        I'm assuming its an IT Crowd reference.
        It's eek we are talking about. Lower your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          It's eek we are talking about. Lower your expectations.
          Its a typo but I'll let you imagine its something more if you want.

Just attended a conference call with chief architect at a large oursourcer. Did you know CQRS simply means a few views to speed up data access.
          Last edited by eek; 21 March 2012, 13:28.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X