• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken iPhone screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken iPhone screen

Any recommendations for getting it fixed. Looking for a service less expensive that the apple shop and less hassle than doing it myself.

Just go down the local indoor market. They will have a phone shop that will fix it for you for 30-60 quid depending on what you broke... My lad knows the guys at ours by name
    Last edited by northernladuk; 6 March 2012, 12:52.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Just go down the local indoor market.
      Sorry we don't have those in the south.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
        Sure you do

Doubt they have mobile phone repair shops though

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          We have a shop near us in North London that is a shoe and phone accessories shop, what a combination.

Phone shops are 2 a penny, unlock this, fix that, sell you a case or whatever. Just look for an LED Open sign.

To be honest, most of them I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, or even your barge pole.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            To be honest, most of them I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, or even your barge pole.
            I agree but lets be honest, the number of iphones that need repairing they are gonna know how to do it well!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Just go down the local indoor market. They will have a phone shop that will fix it for you for 30-600 quid depending on what you broke... My lad knows the guys at ours by name
              Surely even an iPhone is less than £600 new?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Any recommendations for getting it fixed. Looking for a service less expensive that the apple shop and less hassle than doing it myself.
                I've a mate who got her iPhone screen fixed for £40 all in from a company on ebay. She was very happy with the result (she did a lot of reseach before choosing the company).

I'll contact her and find out the company name.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Surely even an iPhone is less than £600 new?
                  Good spot but I am sure if you want to pay 600 they will take it off you...

Comment

My mate was on holiday. Here's the company she used.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ideal.mobiles/
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X