• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New black and white Visual Studio 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe you should have built SKA in C++, then you could use GCC and emacs and be safe from such hard concepts.
    Maybe I know better what technology to use for SKA?

Just saying like.

Comment

You might know the better technology, but you seem to have a lot of difficulty using the tools.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You might know the better technology, but you seem to have a lot of difficulty using the tools.
        I read it as a complaint about change for the sake of change. Most developers simply want their tools they use to work the way they used to. Why do you think VI and emacs remain so popular.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Everyone seems to be moving to dark themes nowadays. I've no idea why, but I cannot say I like it.

Linky for your Sinofsky comment? I don't fancy searching through 20+ pages of comments to find it.
          I've done it myself recently, it's to do with the normal white background with black text. having a dark background with light text is easier on the eyes.

I wish I'd changed years ago!

Mine is similar to this screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I read it as a complaint about change for the sake of change.
            Well it mentions the changes (for example) gain you ~3 lines of code viewable on screen, and nowhere does it say they are just "to look nice".

Why do you think VI and emacs remain so popular.
            Outside unix/linux, they don't. And that is a whole different world, linux devs are about 20 years behind the rest of us.

Comment

Well it mentions the changes (for example) gain you ~3 lines of code viewable on screen, and nowhere does it say they are just "to look nice".

Outside unix/linux, they don't. And that is a whole different world, linux devs are about 20 years behind the rest of us.
              The better solution is to buy a bigger screen with a high resolution. ~3 lines of code doesn't matter on a 1920x1280 screen.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sure it does. Vertical space is always at a premium, the moment you split your view to show two code panes you start to be low on space.

Comment

I use vi (actually vim) on windows all the time. If you know how to use it it's a very useful tool. The search and replace functionality is second to none.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Enquiring minds wish to know

"increase the energy levels" by using ALL CAPS…" seriously?

The Visual Studio Blog

WILL IT SUPPORT COBOL AND FORTRAN IV?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Come back "Brief", all is forgiven!

Comment

Working...
                      X