• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Installing Office 2007 On Windows 7 (Home Edition)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Office 2007 On Windows 7 (Home Edition)

Have read mixed reviews about the compatibililty of running Office 07 on Windows 07. Has anyone successfully done this and is this okay to do ?

I also have a licensed version of Office 07. Can I use this on my new laptop or are the restrictions in using the product key again ? Not sure how this works.

runs fine for me (Office Pro on Windows Pro)

I believe you can install on more than one machine as long as they are all machines you use. You'll need to check the license agreement that came with it though

EDIT: This is in my license agreement
    b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.
    I assume that this would mean I can install on a desktop and a laptop
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 4 January 2012, 18:11.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Works perfectly for me on Win7 64bit.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Have read mixed reviews about the compatibililty of running Office 07 on Windows 07. Has anyone successfully done this and is this okay to do ?

I also have a licensed version of Office 07. Can I use this on my new laptop or are the restrictions in using the product key again ? Not sure how this works.
        Not sure if the licencing is the same as Office 07 but when I looked into Office 2010 licences the Retail licence allowed you to install on two devices but you should not use them at the same time ... not sure how they would track this but if you want to conform to the licence this is what you must do. The OEM Office 2010 licence only allows you to install and run Office on only one PC.

Volume licences are of course of handled differently.

Comment

Unless they've changed it recently, the Office key can be reused as there isn't the online validation like they do with Windows to check if a key has already been used/activated.

Of course, the licence terms may forbid it, so you'll have to go and buy another licence in that case.

Personally I've ditched Microsoft Office and now use Open Office or Libre Office, which for my needs offers a free licence unrestricted alternative that is also compatible with the Office formats I use.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Works perfectly for me on Win7 64bit.
            Same here.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've run Office 2003, 2007 & 2010 fine on Win 7
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
              X