• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEO - How do you get backlinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO - How do you get backlinks?

How do you go about this? I'm not ready to pay for full on SEO services, maybe after Xmas, but i want to do some bits for myself...

Anyone help please?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

If you have access to the site for a verification, majesticseo works for free.

PS - AtW, you owe me a referral fee...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A backlink is just a link to your site from another site. So you just need to get links out there - on high profile sites in the same area as your own ideally. You can ask people to link to you, or post links on forums/blogs/etc IF sites allow this. You could do a press release, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

WHS.

Please note though, that it is pointless getting backlinks with other sites with no traffic. For backlinks to make a difference, the sites you are linked to need to be rated.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

There's a good section on this in the free pdf by Glenn Murray. Have a search for "SEO secrets V1.3" Also later versions but not sure if free. Basically confirms what other chaps said above, links must be from important, reputable and relevant sites, no point posting it on blogs, forums etc. (Ahem) So it's basically about contacting the right people and asking.

Recommend getting it, as, in addition to general points there are some useful tips, which directories are worth using, how to check links from competitors sites etc.

PS And some very specific tips on links too, for example, if your link is on a page with loads of other links it counts for less.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 8 November 2011, 09:58.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You have to do keyword analysis first before going about a strategy or else it is pretty much pointless.

Should be plenty on the web on the subject, when you choose the keywords use google's keyword tool to find out how many people actually search on that and then work out what the competition is as well. It is a mix of being able to find keywords that people search on, are relevant to the content you have and also are not swamped by bigger players than yourself, you have to spend some time and thought on it. Then you can hire bobs from freelancer.com to backlink the keywords from PR4 sites for fairly cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              You have to do keyword analysis first before going about a strategy or else it is pretty much pointless.

Should be plenty on the web on the subject, when you choose the keywords use google's keyword tool to find out how many people actually search on that and then work out what the competition is as well. It is a mix of being able to find keywords that people search on, are relevant to the content you have and also are not swamped by bigger players than yourself, you have to spend some time and thought on it. Then you can hire bobs from freelancer.com to backlink the keywords from PR4 sites for fairly cheap.

for much cheapness.

FTFY
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Don't let the title put you off, but 'Search Engine Optimisation for Dummies' is actually a good book and will tell you all about backlinks and also has tons of tips and tricks and covers everything really. Its on Amazon or Kindle.

Comment

what is a Pr4 site? (google was not my friend)

Comment

Obviously, as anyone surely knows, to raise a site profile you must suck off Google at regular intervals. Oh Google, yes, you're so big! Give it to me.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X