• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cuk slow today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuk slow today?

Is this site slow to load today?
    I am getting a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, bottom left border, it does eventually say "done" but so slow. sometimes error on page

CUK Forums are being hammered today because of the BN66 judgement that was released this morning.

A lot of people are interested in it.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

crashing

Originally posted by moder8or View Post
      Is this site slow to load today?
      I am getting a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, bottom left border, it does eventually say "done" but so slow. sometimes error on page
      computer just crashed, happens a lot when on this site, XP3, IE8, tried everything to stop it ?? registery cleaner etc.
      Any solutions?

Comment

the slowness

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        CUK Forums are being hammered today because of the BN66 judgement that was released this morning.

Oh thank you my luvly
        your reply came whilst I was crashed, which is still a mystery smashing forum though

Comment

That thread alone has had over 10k hits, most of them this morning.

Not surprising things are slowing down.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

You have about 850 people on line of which over 700 are guests! Inhibit their access for the time being.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              You have about 850 people on line of which over 700 are guests! Inhibit their access for the time being.
              Thats a tad unfair. There are a lot of people out there who use the BN66 threads are a way of keeping up with developments but who don't, for whatever reason, want to register on the site and makes themselves known.

HMRC are known to have been keeping tabs on BN66 related posts in the past, that disuades a lot of folks from putting their heads above the parapet.

Restricting access now, just becuse the site is slowing down a bit, would be very unfair. The BN66 thread are one of the biggest things CUK has done in terms of supporting Contractors and providing information. Restricting access now, when it is most relevent, woould be the wrong thing to do.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Nah, the regulars will just have to do a bit more work and a bit less F5 this morning.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Thats a tad unfair. There are a lot of people out there who use the BN66 threads are a way of keeping up with developments but who don't, for whatever reason, want to register on the site and makes themselves known.

HMRC are known to have been keeping tabs on BN66 related posts in the past, that disuades a lot of folks from putting their heads above the parapet.

Restricting access now, just becuse the site is slowing down a bit, would be very unfair. The BN66 thread are one of the biggest things CUK has done in terms of supporting Contractors and providing information. Restricting access now, when it is most relevent, woould be the wrong thing to do.
                  BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ATW IS HAVING FOR LUNCH TODAY!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I was merely proposing a solution to the problem. That said, the actual people affected by BN66 couldnt really get access to the information due to the slowness and timed out pages message.

Surely the service if anything should be enhanced for the members rather than guests at least initially?
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X