• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipad 2??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Mike Nguyen are you?

linked in

i.e Mike, you might want to not use what i guess is your real name on a public forum
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

linked in

i.e Mike, you might want to not use what i guess is your real name on a public forum
      A quick look at his sig might answer that question

Edit: And since his role is in SEO some could say he might be posing purely for the back links.

Edit2: Which contradicts item 6 here I should think.
      Last edited by Pondlife; 14 July 2011, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Edit: And since his role is in SEO some could say he might be posing purely for the back links.
        Do backlinks even work in the sigs (haven't checked the generated HTML), thought these forums normally used nofollow or similar. If not, i'll get my Plan B's in there!

Edited, looked and no, they dont use nofollow
        Last edited by Durbs; 14 July 2011, 12:28.

Comment

I still thought posting self-promotional links wasn't allowed especially for non-contractor members?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I still thought posting self-promotional links wasn't allowed especially for non-contractor members?

Me too. Although some people might get more traffic to their blog if the last update wasn't 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

linked in

The very 1st one is me xD, I'm using my real English name. Just want to be myself.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              A quick look at his sig might answer that question

Edit2: Which contradicts item 6 here I should think.
              Yea, my role is in SEO, you can think of it like that if you want to. I'm working for a contract job board, that's why I found this forum is useful at least as a source to get more idea of what is going on with the freelancers. I'm trying to get involved here.

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              Do backlinks even work in the sigs (haven't checked the generated HTML), thought these forums normally used nofollow or similar. If not, i'll get my Plan B's in there!
              backlinks do not work in the sigs I think because it is not an actual content.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                I've used iOS in various forms for years and can honestly say the lack of Flash has NEVER been something i've noticed. Its getting less and less important too as HTML5 seems to be gathering momentum properly now..
                It is? Name a site that uses HTML5 as an alternative to flash for vector graphics (HTML5 demo sites don't count).

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  So to stay in the forum I have to delete my sig?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeNguyen View Post
                    So to stay in the forum I have to delete my sig?
                    Yes.

The MO is normally to ask admin for a username that reflects where you're from (ie Mike@ContractorJobs), and to offer advice, assistance & expertise - where possible - rather than advertise.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      Yes.

The MO is normally to ask admin for a username that reflects where you're from (ie Mike@ContractorJobs), and to offer advice, assistance & expertise - where possible - rather than advertise.
                      Sorry too late. Have banned as have already spoken to you about advertising on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X