• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ipad 2??

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ipad 2??"

Collapse

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It is? Name a site that uses HTML5 as an alternative to flash for vector graphics (HTML5 demo sites don't count).

Dont know what kind of site you mean, can you give an example?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Yes.

The MO is normally to ask admin for a username that reflects where you're from (ie Mike@ContractorJobs), and to offer advice, assistance & expertise - where possible - rather than advertise.
    Sorry too late. Have banned as have already spoken to you about advertising on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeNguyen View Post
    So to stay in the forum I have to delete my sig?
    Yes.

The MO is normally to ask admin for a username that reflects where you're from (ie Mike@ContractorJobs), and to offer advice, assistance & expertise - where possible - rather than advertise.

Leave a comment:

• MikeNguyen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I still thought posting self-promotional links wasn't allowed especially for non-contractor members?
    So to stay in the forum I have to delete my sig?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I've used iOS in various forms for years and can honestly say the lack of Flash has NEVER been something i've noticed. Its getting less and less important too as HTML5 seems to be gathering momentum properly now..
    It is? Name a site that uses HTML5 as an alternative to flash for vector graphics (HTML5 demo sites don't count).

Leave a comment:

• MikeNguyen
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Which Mike Nguyen are you?

linked in

i.e Mike, you might want to not use what i guess is your real name on a public forum
    The very 1st one is me xD, I'm using my real English name. Just want to be myself.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    A quick look at his sig might answer that question

Edit: And since his role is in SEO some could say he might be posing purely for the back links.

Edit2: Which contradicts item 6 here I should think.
    Yea, my role is in SEO, you can think of it like that if you want to. I'm working for a contract job board, that's why I found this forum is useful at least as a source to get more idea of what is going on with the freelancers. I'm trying to get involved here.

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Do backlinks even work in the sigs (haven't checked the generated HTML), thought these forums normally used nofollow or similar. If not, i'll get my Plan B's in there!
    backlinks do not work in the sigs I think because it is not an actual content.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I still thought posting self-promotional links wasn't allowed especially for non-contractor members?

Me too. Although some people might get more traffic to their blog if the last update wasn't 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Edit: And since his role is in SEO some could say he might be posing purely for the back links.
    Do backlinks even work in the sigs (haven't checked the generated HTML), thought these forums normally used nofollow or similar. If not, i'll get my Plan B's in there!

Edited, looked and no, they dont use nofollow
    Last edited by Durbs; 14 July 2011, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post

linked in

i.e Mike, you might want to not use what i guess is your real name on a public forum
    A quick look at his sig might answer that question

Edit2: Which contradicts item 6 here I should think.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 14 July 2011, 12:10.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied

linked in

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    How is lack of Flash not more of an issue on a device mainly used for web-browsing and content viewing?
    I've used iOS in various forms for years and can honestly say the lack of Flash has NEVER been something i've noticed. Its getting less and less important too as HTML5 seems to be gathering momentum properly now.

More annoying is that 'Verified by Visa' thing doesn't seem to work on the iPad, couple of times i've had to buy things on the PC instead as the ruddy form wont load.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeNguyen View Post
    I dont think it is any problem at all i guess. unless you want to take photos in low light. I found it really hilarious when I saw someone hold an ipad and taking photos with it.
    POTD

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    whoosh.

Leave a comment:

• MikeNguyen
    replied
    How is lack of Flash not more of an issue on a device mainly used for web-browsing and content viewing?
    I dont think it is any problem at all i guess. unless you want to take photos in low light. I found it really hilarious when I saw someone hold an ipad and taking photos with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X