• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nintendo Wii U

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Wii U

Nintendo have released details of their new console.

Looks impressive - will be interesting to see how consumers take to it though.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Looks impressive - will be interesting to see how consumers take to it though.
    All over it like a rash I'd have thought, the 3rd party developers will be salivating at the prospect of a massive new market now they can (I assume?) do comparable ports of multi platform games.

Looks good.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yes this looks like the ideal gadget to buy.

The pointing the screen at the tv element looks very cool. Simple & quite obvious but none the less good, and probably worth that percentage of your daily rate.

Comment

nice, and it will make a wonderful apps based controller. If they have the sense to allow that.

Home automation, audio / video HTPC integration here we come.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What they really need to do is release Wii HD - high res support with hard disk, upscale existing games and sell sell sell.

Comment

I'm confused how this fits the Wii legacy of a system that even your mum and gran can understand and enjoy, and how you'll use those beefy controllers for motion-sensitive games.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I'm confused how this fits the Wii legacy of a system that even your mum and gran can understand and enjoy, and how you'll use those beefy controllers for motion-sensitive games.
              It looks more like lets combine a Wii with a tablet, to compete with PCs/iPads as well as Playstations and XBoxs or am I barking up the wrong tree ?
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Seems it might, but that seems odd considering how massively successful the Wii concept was. Why walk away from a proven success?

Comment

This will be the nail in the coffin for Nintendo, heard the head of Nintendo UK trying to explain the benefits saying it has HD graphics which most consoles have had for years, then about playing hide and seek or some nonsense with the tablet controller. They needed to have HD and something like the Kinect a year ago.

Comment

People said the same about the Wii - deriding it's much lower hardware spec and poor graphics. The Wii successfully competed against HD consoles for several years.

Wii U seems weird to me, but Nintendo have a habit of doing their own thing and making it work.

Comment

Working...
                    X