• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems downloading BBC podcasts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems downloading BBC podcasts

I'm getting network timeout error messages (err .3259) to most of my podcast downloads. I thought it was my Nvidia firewall so took that off and I take down the replacement Windows firewall while I try it again. This just leaves my router firewall which has been rock solid for the 5 years that I've had it.

I know it can only be a few things but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem lately?

PS. I'm having problems with Juice as well as iTunes.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

"If it was a err .3258 you would be OK. err .3260 and you really have a problem. err .3259 means there is a problem but we cannot tell you what it is because we do not know what err .3259 means"

Comment

Your post is now the first result on Google for network error 3259 bbc podcasts

There are ranting imbeciles waving assorted voodoo chickens but there's a vague possibility that this might help. Then again, it might not

There's also this unutterably bizarre... well, thing-that-pretends-to-be-English (but don't blame me if it turns out to be some spammer trying to install malware when you view the page):

I am about to bag the absolute iTunes podcast experience! I always get a "Stopped Absurdity 3259" bulletin on any podcast best than a few minutes. I accept been researching this for weeks and accept yet to acquisition an acknowledgment that worked. Anybody seems to just, eventually, let it go.
      Normally, absurdity 3259 occurs while downloading a Podcast, but your aboriginal column said "I always get a "Stopped Absurdity 3259" bulletin on any podcast best than a few minutes", which makes it complete as admitting it fails while alert to them.
      On a totally unrelated note, has anybody else here ever read English As She Is Spoke? I have, and highly recommend it

Comment

I use Noscript, but won't download anything from it.

Ta Nick
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X