• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't get internet sharing on my android to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll explain why my (Samsung) Android device won't suffer that issue then as I bought it SIM free to use on a O2 SIM only contract.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Think I am going to root the device, this apparently will solve the problem which is specific to Orange's android devices

How To Root Your Android Phone / Device

Might do it later today when I finish off some code.
      If you're wanting to get right in about your droid this is the best site I found for getting a handle on it

Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

You'll also get most flavours of ROM dropped in there well before Orange think about releasing the next version.

Not just Droid specific.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I'm going in.

Phone will probably be in the bin in 2 hours

Comment

Failed in modding the device, got everything set up, rooted the device, got the rom manager on, dowloaded a rom onto the SD card, tried to install and it just failed.

Anyway, as I had rooted the device I eventually got it to tether using

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

This described how to root the device.

Main Page - CyanogenMod Wiki

Must say there is some amount of pish on the web you have to cut through to get the right information.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            Get an iPhone, it just works.
            Er, hang on, I thought that wi fi tethering with a iPhone is not a supported feature !

So it this case, it just doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Er, hang on, I thought that wi fi tethering with a iPhone is not a supported feature !

So it this case, it just doesn't work
              What you blethering about, you can set up tethering on any network? For example:

Orange

Three is the best package because they let you do it for free, the rest make you buy a bundle. Only other way is to jailbreak and get it without paying for it.

Three's Free
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

That's only if you don't hold the phone in the Apple approved manner

Just remember you've bought an iPhone, so you've always been at war with Eurasia
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                X