• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumping iphone - Android recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumping iphone - Android recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good android handset with 3G and a good MP3/movie player?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

The HTC Desire HD or whatever its going to be called when it's released
    It should be out in a couple of months

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-desi...unch-20100715/
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is there any reason why you're switching?
      My wife made the same switch last month, mainly because she couldn't really be bothered with the whole iphone/itunes thing.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Is there any reason why you're switching?
        My wife made the same switch last month, mainly because she couldn't really be bothered with the whole iphone/itunes thing.
        Costs mainly, I don't want to have to pay stupid money for a handset upgrade just to go onto a 24 month contract after 2 18 month contracts with the same network (O2).
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Costs mainly, I don't want to have to pay stupid money for a handset upgrade just to go onto a 24 month contract after 2 18 month contracts with the same network (O2).
          You could just keep your existing handset and drop the tariff down to ~£15
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            You could just keep your existing handset and drop the tariff down to ~£15
            My handset is on the way out, it's almost 2 years old now and only a 3G.

Looks like I'm going for a Samsung galaxy S

Comment

in which case I stand by my original recommendation... wait for the HTC desire HD/Ace
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

My handset is on the way out, it's almost 2 years old now and only a 3G.

Looks like I'm going for a Samsung galaxy S
                I have the 16Gb one, it is a great (if a little large) phone but I have recently been stung for a load of data I didn't know I was using when I had the GPS on for about two hours. I never realised that using GPS satellite navigation on the Galaxy S would be using massive chunks of 3G/GPRS data. The one trip cost me ~£12. Be warned!
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I have the 16Gb one, it is a great (if a little large) phone but I have recently been stung for a load of data I didn't know I was using when I had the GPS on for about two hours. I never realised that using GPS satellite navigation on the Galaxy S would be using massive chunks of 3G/GPRS data. The one trip cost me ~£12. Be warned!
                  How much data did it use/hour? The upgrade deal I'm being offered has a data limit of 750 MB/month but if I jump ship to Orange I get unlimited data.

I plan on using the sat nav quite a bit.....

Comment

How much data did it use/hour? The upgrade deal I'm being offered has a data limit of 750 MB/month but if I jump ship to Orange I get unlimited data.

I plan on using the sat nav quite a bit.....
                    My data limit is 512Mb/month and the two hour trip cost me ~740 Mb of data. That was ~£12. I have the phone set to use the GPS location rather than the cellular masts and it still used this much data. I was very, very surprised. With O2 I can get "unlimited" data bolt on for £5 a month, but at the moment I'm smarting a bit from the surprise so I'm not using the GPS.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X