• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumping iphone - Android recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Galaxy S here.

CBA running sat nav on my phone. I just bought a cheapo sat nav with HD screen from ebay - works perfectly.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Surely, it would be easier to buy and install a SatNav app such as CoPilot Live and regularly update it.

Comment

If i were chucking the Iphone, i'd wait a little while as Windows Phone 7 has gone to manufacturing and from what i've seen so far, looks pretty sweet.

Comment

Most comments I've read say the Window phone 7 will not compete. Not so sure, a very high degree of compatibility (I would assume, from CE etc) with most people's PCs must be a big plus. I could probaby use VS to develop, not Eclipse as with Android. Much simpler.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Surely, it would be easier to buy and install a SatNav app such as CoPilot Live and regularly update it.
          I use sat nav at most once a month so it's not really worth the bother.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm going to hold on and wait for the HTC Desire HD afterall.

I might just reinstall the OS on the iphone in the mean time..
            Last edited by Jog On; 6 September 2010, 14:14.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Recently got a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i on Orange.

It's great. Should be even better when I upgrade it to Android 2.1

Comment

Working...
              X