• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three or T-Mobile?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three or T-Mobile?

I'm looking to change networks, ideally to a SIM only 12 month contract, as I will supply the phone myself.

- International Roaming (mostly Europe) with Data is important
    - 3G Coverage and quality is important throughout UK
    - When going abroad, availability of partner networks are important

I've narrowed down to Three for their 3G network coverage (I have a MiFi dongle and coverage seems excellent compared to O2), and T-Mobile because of their Boosters and the fact they now share the same 3G coverage as Three via their infrastructure.

I'm a bit cautious as Three has no 2G coverage, so when if there is no 3G either abroad or in the UK, I'll get no signal at all, whereas T-Mobile will presumably switch to a 2G network when 3G is unavailable.

Does anyone have any experiences of with one or both of these networks?

P

No personal experience but fellow contractor on-site has been moaning for a week about how rubbish 3 are both in terms of speed/performance as well as their customer service.

Comment

Thanks.

Just to add, T-Mobile have a fair usage policy on their data which seems to restrict Skype (Voip) and Instant messaging. I find this absurd, does anyone have any experiences of this; is it a physical restriction or just a guideline?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
        Thanks.

Just to add, T-Mobile have a fair usage policy on their data which seems to restrict Skype (Voip) and Instant messaging. I find this absurd, does anyone have any experiences of this; is it a physical restriction or just a guideline?
        I don't know much about the Skype / VOIP issue, but if your phone supports WiFi, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't use Skype on a T-Mobile compatible Phone.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
          No personal experience but fellow contractor on-site has been moaning for a week about how rubbish 3 are both in terms of speed/performance as well as their customer service.
          I believe 3's customer service center is in India.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            I believe 3's customer service center is in India.

Nuff said.
            That's one of the reasons I use O2, at least when you call them, someone in the UK answers the phone. When I tried Vodafone (Inidian support) briefly, I soon went back to O2.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
            X