• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VS 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    One thing that WPF might benefit from is a better graphics card, since it uses hardware acceleration.
    I can't help but feel that if one needs to upgrade one's hardware just so a text editor can put squiggly lines under words with a modicum of efficiency, then something has gone terribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I can't help but feel that if one needs to upgrade one's hardware just so a text editor can put squiggly lines under words with a modicum of efficiency, then something has gone terribly wrong.
      I think the point is WPF raises the overall capabilities for fancy graphics integrated with the normal Windows GUI, but also raises the minimum requirements. Hence the whole issue with Aero. No defending it (I agree it's a bit silly) but I think using WPF was a political move to prove it is suitable for big apps.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X