• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on selling domain names please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on selling domain names please?

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could advise me on a quick and simple way to sell 4 domain names that I want to get rid of?

I guess no-one might want to buy them ... but if they did, where would I be best advertising them? I have had them on sedo.com for a few weeks and not got any interest so I wondered where might be better to put them.

If anyone wants to buy them off me then let me know. They are (spaces inserted by me to stop this board turning them into links!):

www . spritsa . com
    www . spritsa . org
    www . spritsa . net
    www . spritsa . co . uk

Price negotiable and can be sold together or separately.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
    Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could advise me on a quick and simple way to sell 4 domain names that I want to get rid of?

I guess no-one might want to buy them ... but if they did, where would I be best advertising them? I have had them on sedo.com for a few weeks and not got any interest so I wondered where might be better to put them.

If anyone wants to buy them off me then let me know. They are (spaces inserted by me to stop this board turning them into links!):

www . spritsa . com
    www . spritsa . org
    www . spritsa . net
    www . spritsa . co . uk

Price negotiable and can be sold together or separately.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Ebay!

Anyway. What the hell is SPRITSA?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Ebay!

It's white wine with soda water isn't it?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Ebay!

If Sedo doesn't work ebay may get you something but to be honest they are probably virtually worthless.

After all why would anyone want to know about swedish pipes?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've always been thoroughly put off by the Sedo-style way of selling domain names ("Make me an offer! No, no clues! Ha! - guess again, poor boy!"). That approach is suitable for minor Bond villains but has no place in modern western business.
          A page that just said "Buy this domain and these 3 others like it for £150" I'd find much more approachable.

Comment

Rather than getting rid, you could always try Google AdSense for Domains - they might make a few bob. Then again, they might not

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll give ebay a go then.

Comment

Working...
              X