• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia N900

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia N900

Anyone got one?

I'm think of letting CM treat me...

I have and think it is great. Nice solid phone, like the keyboard, does what it says (need an app for MMS but its free and easy to use)

I spend a lot with a certain providor who gave me this for free with 1000 mins for 28 quid or I could have gone for an iPhone and paid top dollar the same as every other iPhone weilding chav so went for this on the principle.

Apps are starting to appear now, some fun games, emulators for all the old consoles and the like. I will say it does lag way behind the iPhone from what I can see so it is no iPhone killer as it was touted but I am not bothered about 10 million apps so for the price it is a very powerful alternative and I am enjoying mine. It is quite a techie phone and wouldn't appeal to the simpleness of the iphone. 16 year old girls wouldn't adapt to it very well. Still needs a bit of nouse. That isn't a benefit to some but I like it.

As apps start to use the multi-tasking and power of the interface it should get better.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I got my N900 last night as my N97 broke and I am very happy with it.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Fingers like lightening, steam coming out of my ears, eyes twitching like a mad bastard! God I love a Pot Noodle...
        FTFY.

Sorry mate, had to be done
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          FTFY.

Sorry mate, had to be done
          Get a haircut!

Comment

Hello, first post

I just got one to replace my crappy iPhone which I destroyed deliberately.

No comparison, the N900 is a very good bit of kit and no regrets binning the iPhone.

Comment

I have one. It is technically pretty good, it's nice to have linux on there (you can use apt-get to install utils as needed) and it's played all the divx films I've put on it no problem.

Unfortunately I find browsing on it quite frustrating. This site in particular typically results in me clicking the wrong links - for instance, ending up in someone's profile page when I meant to access a thread. I'm not very patient with technology these days so it quickly winds me up. Hotmail is also not very well suited for that and other reasons.

Comment

All, thanks for the feedback. Looks like I might just be replacing my blackberry...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  All, thanks for the feedback. Looks like I might just be replacing my blackberry...
                  What's up with the berry ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    What's up with the berry ?
                    Is it because it's black? Shocking...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X