• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New laptop - any recommendations? - urgent!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laptop - any recommendations? - urgent!!

I've been just been told I need a mid-range laptop capable of running VMs for a contract starting Monday. Clearly want to put a good warranty onto it as well. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by dmini View Post
    I've been just been told I need a mid-range laptop capable of running VMs for a contract starting Monday. Clearly want to put a good warranty onto it as well. Any suggestions?
    Dont buy a Samsung, I had a horrible experience with a Samsung one several years ago. The screen cracked thrice. Twice in warranty.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I would recommend a Dell with the 3 year pro warranty with accidental damage cover. Anything happens and its seen to within 24 hours and if they can't fix it then you get a new laptop.

But you need one by monday...
      They might be able to rush one to you if you aren't too fussy about the spec
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Get a Mac.

MacBook Pro will run everything you want, even windows under VM or Bootcamp. You can wander down to your local Apple store and pick one up tommorow.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Get a Mac.

MacBook Pro will run everything you want, even windows under VM or Bootcamp. You can wander down to your local Apple store and pick one up tommorow.
          Do they always work irrespective of how you hold them?

Comment

Saw this deal on an Acer Aspire 3935 last week but you obviously won't get it before Monday.

Comment

John Lewis have a clearance this weekend - might be worth a look if you are after a bargain.

I've just bought an Acer Travelmate 5730 (last one of that model from Amazon) to replace my 3 year old Lenovo 3000 C200, which was reliable.

Comment

Acer... good luck with that

Comment

Vaio- been using them for years.

Acerr, good, but only for basic stuff
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Used dell inspirons for over 5 yrs without any problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X