• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CD ROM Drive Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD ROM Drive Problem

Hello Forum,

My laptop's CD ROM drive is not functioning properly. It is unable to play back any CD or DVD. It used to in the past. Any ideas please for resolving this problem?

Many thanks.

If it can't read a DATA disk, I assume the drive is knackered.

If it CAN read a data disk, then try downloading vlc which can play just about anything (my guess being that some codecs have gone up the spout).

Comment

You aren't nearly out of hard disc space? I has this problem once and as soon as I cleared out the C drive it was ok. Obviously when you copy to a CD it is actually using disc cache until you burn but the disc would not even eject or read an existing CD.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

laser lens needs cleaning?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X