• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's hibernate gone in Windows7?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I have found that. But I always get:I have admin rights and tried the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER thing with no luck.

And I still haven't found why it's not enabled by default? What's special or exotic about it?

In other news, I have managed to actually set my keyboard sleep kep to enter hibernation which is good, but I still want it on the shutdown menu where it belongs!
    You need to open the Cmd box as Administrator, just because you're logged in with admin rights doesn't mean that apps run with admin elevation. It's a design feature.

Comment

Got that to run successfully. Hibernate's still not listed in the shutdown menu. Will wait until I next do a full shutdown to re-check.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It worked for me (on 2 computers). You have to do both steps.

But I still can't get my laptop to hibernate after 2 hours on sleep, which is what it's set to do, and used to work under Vista. It's the one single tiny thing I've found where Vista was better.

I guess people with laptops use sleep, and people with desktops use neither. Hibernate probably just confuses the average user who doesn't understand the difference between that and sleep. Hiding it by default makes sense, but they could have made switching it on a bit more obvious.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X