• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Android Applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Android Applications

Since the Apple fanbois seem so proud of how many applications there are out there, I wondered what applications people using Android phones are using.

Here's my list of applications that I have installed (rather than the ones that come with the OS):
    • Advanced Task Killer
    • Barcode Scanner
    • BeebPlayer
    • DopeWars
    • DroidIn-Lite
    • GDocs
    • Linda Manager
    • Opera Mini 5 beta
    • Pkt Auctions eBay
    • ThrottleCopter
    • Trap!
    • Zebra Paint

Of the seeded applications, the one I seem to be using most is Peep (Twitter client) and GMail.

Am I missing out on any other really good apps that I must have???
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Layar
    ShopSavvy
    Flixster
    LastFM
    Shazam
    Google sky map
    Dolphin Browser

Can't get Beeb player to work.

I found this page which got me up and running.

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/20...ps-v1-6-a.html

Comment

ShopSavvy only seems to price in dollars - I used to have something that did UK prices, but can't remember what it was.

Have installed LastFM and the Sky Map now. I saw a similar sky map thingy on iPhone and was after an Android one - ta!

Comment

Not been unleashed on a shop yet to test shopsavvy fully, I only got my phone last week and had a play about with google shopper and barcode scanner in currys at the weekend. (some of the stuff was double the price but that's another story) . Have SnapTell installed as well but not even turned that on, I think you can take a picture of album/book art and it claims it will work it out.

AugSatNav looks like a decent freebie.

LastFM just blows me away.

Been told Shapewriter is the keyboard to go for but can't get it to work.

Comment

Here's my list of apps on my phone:
          • phone

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Here's my list of apps on my phone:
            • phone
            Ho ho - I'd suggest that that isn't the complete list.

I'd class that as "rather than the ones that come with the OS" though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
              ShopSavvy only seems to price in dollars - I used to have something that did UK prices, but can't remember what it was.
              Scratch that - I've just tried it and got some things from UK websites come back. Last time I used it was when I first got a G1 18 months ago, so it's obviously got better since then

Comment

I only tried shopsavvy out on a couple of barcodes in the house but it certainly seemed to come back with more results than barcode scanner and google shopping.

I also changed the sms app to use handcent SMS which seems to be better than the default one.

As soon as my manager leaves I am playing ThrottleCopter for the rest of the day.

Comment

What? No comment by Threaded yet?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I like mytracks and rmaps, only thing is they are reliant on 3g. With Ordnance Survey releasing their maps online a few days ago anyone know of a way to convert them to an offline format for use with rmaps?

Comment

Working...
                    X