• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Storing multiple passwords & logins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing multiple passwords & logins

Now everything is online. ie. banks, credit cards, logins to websites, memberships, email, inland revenue etc.

How does everyone store their logins & passwords for easy use?

I have maybe 30 different ones. I obviously have different passwords for each account etc, but I store all of mine on a spreadsheet with a password on it(not really that secure)

What do the pro's on the board use and whats a good recommendation?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Keepass.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Now everything is online. ie. banks, credit cards, logins to websites, memberships, email, inland revenue etc.

I have maybe 30 different ones. I obviously have different passwords for each account etc, but I store all of mine on a spreadsheet with a password on it(not really that secure)

This amazing organic storage device I was born with, starts with B and rhymes with rain.

HTH

Comment

I use combinations of a few words and numbers
        Soimple example would be Cat, Mouse, 99, 2010

So passwords are:
        CatMouse2010
        or
        Mouse99
        or
        MouseCat
        etc...
        All I have to do is remember the combination, if I get it wrong then it doesn't take me too long to guess what it should be
        Advantage, nothing is written down anywhere
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

So passwords are:
          CatMouse2010
          or
          Mouse99
          or
          MouseCat
          etc...
          All I have to do is remember the combination, if I get it wrong then it doesn't take me too long to guess what it should be
          WHS - I do something similar.

I have a fairly complex "root" word that I use, and then append a nickname / abbreviation / site name to the end of it.

For example, taking my root word as "123bob!!" I would then probably add "CUK" for here.

Downside is, if someone learns the root word, they get pretty much open access to everything else that I do.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I use PasswordKeeper on my Blackberry

Comment

Roboform:
              http://www.roboform.com/

Comment

I use Wiki-on-a-Stick - basically a offline/server-less wiki tool. It can create password-protected encrypted pages which is where I keep my account passwords. For extra security, the wiki (a single HTML file) is stored on a Truecrypt volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

So passwords are:
                  CatMouse2010
                  or
                  Mouse99
                  or
                  MouseCat
                  etc...

Similar but different, I don't use any dictionary words but shapes on the keyboard. Shapes I remember well with little effort and are fairly cryptic.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I have a fireproof safe box bolted somewhere unobtrusive in the house where I have the written passwords and logins for my online accounts.

And before someone yells "that's not safe!", I'd just like to ask them if they have the 'remember me' box ticked on their Banking apps in their 3G iPhone, Nokia, etc.

I have nothing on my iPhone that could direct a pickpocket to my bank accounts, that's where I think the greatest security hole lies...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X