• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Storing multiple passwords & logins"

Collapse

• MrMandala
    replied
    Spotted this recently, would prefer if it was open sourced / portable app but interesting nonetheless.

https://www.passwordcard.org/en

Leave a comment:

• baronne
    replied
    lastpass, it rocks!

got a chrome plugin too woop woop!

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by mr.whippy View Post
    keepass.
    whs

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Have you thought about how those you leave behind would handle your death?
    Good article here regarding this.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I've now started using OneNote to store passwords, found out you can password protect an individual section within a notebook which is nice

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    keepass works on a java phone as well sync via web.

Even in this I'm cryptic about the really important ones and use one source password I remember.
    e.g.

theusual+mybank

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    A lot of sites have implemented new password rules, so you now have to use "password1" or "Password1"......
    Cunning.

Just use NCC1701D instead - or is that just trekkies?

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    I must admit that is one thing that concerns me - I do all the finances, all the business finances, the car insurance, the house insurance etc. all online, and my wife would have no idea where to even start with it.
    Me too, but after a very close call in an accident a few years back I wrote a guide for Mrs C telling her everything she needs to know should I not be around. She knows where it is and I update it as things change.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I use excel but as well as password I encrypt it using vba. Also for stuff that needs to be really secure I mostly put hints I can understand rather than actual values like my "1st 5 old phone number"

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    This came up somewhere else recently. The gist of the advice was to enable the executor of your will to access your password stash. The corollary to that is that you may need to appoint someone who is technically competent with computer stuff for that role, or nominate a technically able person to support the actual executor.
    The executor can nominate someone, the important thing is a relevant survivor knowing the passwords.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    An old friend of mine died recently and his widow saw some of that. I was admin contact on his domains so I could change owner to her without any problem, but not everything was so smooth. Fortunately she is not dependent on his money so she can wait for the legal system to take its course.

I had a note in my diary to do the same in reverse, make him one of the contacts on my domains. I suppose I can cross that off now

Seriously, an impenetrable mess and lack of access to money would be an awful thing to leave her with, on top of your passing. It can be trouble enough: insurance may not come through fast enough to keep the mortgage paid, for example.
    This came up somewhere else recently. The gist of the advice was to enable the executor of your will to access your password stash. The corollary to that is that you may need to appoint someone who is technically competent with computer stuff for that role, or nominate a technically able person to support the actual executor.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    I must admit that is one thing that concerns me - I do all the finances, all the business finances, the car insurance, the house insurance etc. all online, and my wife would have no idea where to even start with it.

I can only hope that she can guess my password! (And also hope that the router doesn't need rebooting, as she doesn't know the password to that, either)
    An old friend of mine died recently and his widow saw some of that. I was admin contact on his domains so I could change owner to her without any problem, but not everything was so smooth. Fortunately she is not dependent on his money so she can wait for the legal system to take its course.

I had a note in my diary to do the same in reverse, make him one of the contacts on my domains. I suppose I can cross that off now

Seriously, an impenetrable mess and lack of access to money would be an awful thing to leave her with, on top of your passing. It can be trouble enough: insurance may not come through fast enough to keep the mortgage paid, for example.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Firefox + Xmarks. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Have you thought about how those you leave behind would handle your death?

I can only hope that she can guess my password! (And also hope that the router doesn't need rebooting, as she doesn't know the password to that, either)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I just use "password" - works every time for me.

And everyone else apparantly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X