• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Storing multiple passwords & logins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    I must admit that is one thing that concerns me - I do all the finances, all the business finances, the car insurance, the house insurance etc. all online, and my wife would have no idea where to even start with it.
    Me too, but after a very close call in an accident a few years back I wrote a guide for Mrs C telling her everything she needs to know should I not be around. She knows where it is and I update it as things change.
    Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
      A lot of sites have implemented new password rules, so you now have to use "password1" or "Password1"......
      Cunning.

Just use NCC1701D instead - or is that just trekkies?
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

keepass works on a java phone as well sync via web.

Even in this I'm cryptic about the really important ones and use one source password I remember.
        e.g.

theusual+mybank
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've now started using OneNote to store passwords, found out you can password protect an individual section within a notebook which is nice
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
            Have you thought about how those you leave behind would handle your death?
            Good article here regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.whippy View Post
              keepass.
              whs

Comment

lastpass, it rocks!

got a chrome plugin too woop woop!

Comment

Spotted this recently, would prefer if it was open sourced / portable app but interesting nonetheless.

https://www.passwordcard.org/en

Comment

Working...
                  X