• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simple ? php problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple ? php problem

Getting spammers using my mail so copied freeware captcha thing that works fine on my other website and set all the same permissions.

For some reason the site will not execute php at all, it simply treats it as a downloadable text file. Site says php5 is supported and there are no links to turn it on or set it up, no help about using it.

Any ideas? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

have you changed the .php file properties?
    i know the command line command was "chmod <filename>" then some numbers to assign it as an executable for owner/guest/all

some info here:
    http://www.xaviermedia.co.uk/documents/chmod755.php
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 29 October 2009, 10:26.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Cheers but yes done that. Set same permissions as version that works and even tried it with everything set.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Has your hosting provider assosicated .php with PHP files, or do they assume you'll embed your PHP in HTML?
        Last edited by b0redom; 29 October 2009, 10:51.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Is the file extension .php5? If so try changing it to .php

Comment

You are on a windows box aren't you?

php in the path?

Comment

Ta for comments. Forgot to note solution is found. I have to get a hosting upgrade to get php!!! Barstewards.
              bloggoth

Comment

Working...
              X