• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to connect multiple TVs to one laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect multiple TVs to one laptop

Local pub would like to connect 3-6 plasma TVs to one laptop, to display advertising, webcasts (e.g. footie), info, etc.

How could this be done?

Distances from laptop range from 20m - 40m, so some sort of splitter/booster system would (?) be needed

Would be nice to avoid too many extra cables if possible, although I suspect that a system of wireless transmitters/receivers/boosters would be v. expensive!

TIA.

You're going to need USB display cards otherwise the laptop will typically only support a couple of monitors showing different stuff.

Then you'll need to run cables to the TVs. I'd stay away from wireless senders as you'll get interference and crap pictures.

I'd be more inclined to go for a desktop solution as (unless you've got a meaty laptop) it's going to get slow running that many monitors and streams.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Will all TVs be showing the same signal? If so then you can potentially do the splitting outside the PC, leaving it driving one external display only. No idea how you do the splitting though; can you buy Scart/HDMI/component/s-video hubs which split one signal into several outputs?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes, all screens will be showing the same picture. The idea is to have the splitting done externally to the laptop.

Comment

Is this any good?

1x4-hdmi-amplifier-switch-splitter-output-input-1080p

Or this?

hd-distribution-amplifiers-hdmi-8-way-splitter-amplifier

Edit: just realised, my laptop has hdmi out. Many don't.
          Last edited by conned tractor; 20 October 2009, 09:19.

Comment

Should be easy then.

Svideo to scart cable, into a scart splitter and out to the respective displays.

Simples.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Local pub would like to connect 3-6 plasma TVs to one laptop, to display advertising, webcasts (e.g. footie), info, etc.

Another boozer goes down the pan.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Another boozer goes down the pan.
                The lounge bar, where everyone over the age of 22 goes, will remain LCD free. It's a very traditional Old English pub, many hundreds of years old, and the landlords don't plan on spoiling it, just adding a few updates.

Comment

Due to pending postal strikes I decided to fill in the abbreviated accounts PDF. Have got right version on PDF, checked the Co Hse site is available and I can log in with that authentication but clicking submit does nothing.

Has anyone else got the darn thing to work??

Comment

Originally posted by slophopin View Post
                    Due to pending postal strikes I decided to fill in the abbreviated accounts PDF. Have got right version on PDF, checked the Co Hse site is available and I can log in with that authentication but clicking submit does nothing.

Has anyone else got the darn thing to work??
                    so is PDF a new video cable format then? Not heard of that one.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X