• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MacBook Pro / Bootcamp / Vista

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice folks.

Just waiting for the MPB to be delivered now, not sure about the Mighty Mouse, that may be returned and I'll stick with my usual mouse, spur of the moment purchase

Thanks Again.
    Congrats on the purchase I'm just pondering when I'll be replacing my 17" MBP.

Rant time: IMHO, Apple keyboards and mice are just plain tulip! The mice gives me cramp which never happens with the MS optical mice. The old plastic Mac keyboards are heavy but still better than the abomination that are the thin aluminium ones that came with my Mac Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleAtMill View Post
      Congrats on the purchase I'm just pondering when I'll be replacing my 17" MBP.

Rant time: IMHO, Apple keyboards and mice are just plain tulip! The mice gives me cramp which never happens with the MS optical mice. The old plastic Mac keyboards are heavy but still better than the abomination that are the thin aluminium ones that came with my Mac Pro.
      I really like the white wireless keyboards. I'm hoarding them, because the new ultra-thin aluminium jobbies are complete shyte.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        The Mighty Mouse is anything but 'mighty', Mike. Bin it. It's junk.
        +10. I was lumbered with one of those at a former ClientCo. Hardly a day went by that I didn't have to disconnect it and hold it upside down while sliding the trackball nubbin thing around furiously in an attempt to get it scrolling again

I think it was tiny crumbs from my Fuzzy's Grub sandwiches getting to it

Comment

I agree that the mouse is complete carp. Have to take ours apart on a regular basis to clean them.

Disagree about the keyboards though. I like the aluminium ones and never got on with the white ones.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Hardly a day went by that I didn't have to disconnect it and hold it upside down while sliding the trackball nubbin thing around furiously in an attempt to get it scrolling again
            Happens every other week but I would not change it, I find it particularly useful scrolling on the horizontal as well as vertical in a spreadsheet.

To take the dirt out is easy -

Turn mouse upside down onto a piece of A4 rolling the nipple around for 10 seconds or so. It's as good as out of the box after this.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              I agree that the mouse is complete carp. Have to take ours apart on a regular basis to clean them.

Disagree about the keyboards though. I like the aluminium ones and never got on with the white ones.
              I got a cheap noname mouse for less than a fiver and it works fine.

The white keyboards died like flies on me, so although roughly half the price, it was a false economy.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Happens every other week but I would not change it, I find it particularly useful scrolling on the horizontal as well as vertical in a spreadsheet.

To take the dirt out is easy -

Turn mouse upside down onto a piece of A4 rolling the nipple around for 10 seconds or so. It's as good as out of the box after this.
                Scooter! You brand loyalty is amazing

C'mon. Even the most die-hard Mac-head admits the Mighty Mouse is a complete piece of crap - like every other mouse Apple have made, and then worse.

I don't have to roll my inverted Lasermouse 8000 around on a piece of A4 or any nonsense like that. It just works!

Oh! and having to lift your left button finger off the MM before you right-click! Hillarious!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X