• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inspiron 1525

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiron 1525

Hi,

Got the missus a Dell Inspiron 1525 about a year ago (with Vista ) and
    1GB.

The machine has always been slow (I know I was tight and shouldn't have gone for more memory to start with) and I have decided enough is enough and I should get some more memory, Not a lot of point going for the the 2gb memory modules from what I have read so I suppose the only option is the the 1gb.

Anyone had the same experience and if so could they provide a (sensible......leaving myself open now) link to what they bought in the end ?

Many thanks in advance

I bought a mac.

Scooterscot

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
      Hi,

Got the missus a Dell Inspiron 1525 about a year ago (with Vista ) and
      1GB.

The machine has always been slow (I know I was tight and shouldn't have gone for more memory to start with) and I have decided enough is enough and I should get some more memory, Not a lot of point going for the the 2gb memory modules from what I have read so I suppose the only option is the the 1gb.

Anyone had the same experience and if so could they provide a (sensible......leaving myself open now) link to what they bought in the end ?

Many thanks in advance
      I have in the past used Crucial to do my Dell laptop memory upgrades..

Here's a list of the Inspiron 1525 parts that will work for that machine..
      The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Thanks KevinS

Comment

I bought the upgrade from Dell to go from 2GB->4GB on my Latitude D531 Vista laptop. I think it was about £25, and IIRC 1GB was only £3 or £4 less so didn't seem worth arsing about with.

The hardest thing about fitting it was finding a small enough phillips screwdriver to undo the screw.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've got a 1525 (at least I think that's what it is) and whilst it's sufficient performance wise, it keeps randomly switching off with no warning. It must be something to do with it overheating as it happens when the fan is particularly noisy. It's annoying. It literally switches off and everything I've been doing is lost.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

I can certainly recommend Crucial for a laptop memory upgrade. They are quick and free to post off when ordered from their own website.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Cheers all, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Comment

I`ve found the cheapest supplier of RAM is Offtek.

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                    I've got a 1525 (at least I think that's what it is) and whilst it's sufficient performance wise, it keeps randomly switching off with no warning. It must be something to do with it overheating as it happens when the fan is particularly noisy. It's annoying. It literally switches off and everything I've been doing is lost.
                    It's very possible the CPU is overheating and shutting itself down to prevent damage.. Get a can of compressed air, open the CPU cover and give it a good blast to clear the dust.
                    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Working...
                    X