• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7 pre-order

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Dude, I'm a PM. i dont do development. I thought you needed an app or the like to get partnership? what do you actually get from partnership?

None of the MSDN or technet can apparently be used in live environments...
    You don't get anything from being a partner, except the right to order the action pack.. Becoming a partner is just filling in a form. Becoming a certified or gold partner is much more work..

No idea on MSDN or TechNet, but AP licenses are internal use only..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Action Pack licences are for live use.

The only stipulation is you don't run a live webserver using it.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Action Pack licences are for live use.

The only stipulation is you don't run a live webserver using it.
        am stuffed all round then! i want a sharepoint server running as an offering to clients. May just have to give in and buy a managed service from 1and1 for £15 per month. Altho i would be able to recover that by charging my clients.
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

oh, and you can no longer get the reduced price from Amazon. 7 Prof is now £179.99...
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

But does it come in strawberry flavour?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              But does it come in strawberry flavour?
              Yes, as well as mint choc chip.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Win 7 Home Premium has gone up from £49.99 to £74.97
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Microsoft scraps Windows 7 'E' version for Europe

Sounds like there is some good news regarding the whole 'E' version debarcle...

Microsoft confirmed late on Friday that it plans to kill off the Windows 7 'E' version for Europe.

In a statement a company official confirmed Windows 7 E is no more:

In the wake of last week's developments, as well as continuing feedback on Windows 7 E that we have received from computer manufacturers and other business partners, I'm pleased to report that we will ship the same version of Windows 7 in Europe in October that we will ship in the rest of the world.

One reason we decided not to ship Windows 7 'E' is concerns raised by computer manufacturers and partners. Several worried about the complexity of changing the version of Windows that we ship in Europe if our ballot screen proposal is ultimately accepted by the Commission and we stop selling Windows 7 'E'. Computer manufacturers and our partners also warned that introducing Windows 7 'E', only to later replace it with a version of Windows 7 that includes IE, could confuse consumers about what version of Windows to buy with their PCs.

Microsoft has proposed to the EU, the idea of a ballot screen to showcase different browsers that end users can select. Earlier this week Microsoft officials confirmed this ballot screen will be available for XP and Vista users too.

According to CNET those who pre-ordered Windows 7 'E' through a recent discount offer will get the full version, as Microsoft had promised. Microsoft will now be selling Windows 7 upgrade copies and a higher-priced full version (for those without a previous copy of Windows) similar to the rest of the world.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good news and for a change, sensible IMO.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Windows 7 RTM is now available to download from MSDN (and presumably TechNet).

TOP TIP: download speeds are currently around 5 times quicker via the MSDN "Top Downloads" facility compared to the regular subscriber download section.
                      Last edited by voodooflux; 6 August 2009, 18:09.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X