• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FireFox 3 on Mac needs force quit almost hourly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Safari has always been a bit primitive, poor UI customisation, and V4 is decidedly flakey and slower than 3 (and please, spare me that Top Sites tulipe).

If you just surf the web, then I'm sure it's fine, but if you do any serious web-app development, it's utter pants.

FF offered the best set of tools and plugins for web dev, but the FF devs are clearly not interested in OS X these days, and will not fix the many problems that exist (have existed) since FF 2.0 on OS X.

FF3 for OS X gets worse and worse with every point upgrade.
    Firebug used to be good, but seems to be falling apart since Joe Hewitt packed in working on it

I found the WebKit Developer Tools to be absolutely brilliant using a nightly build a few months back - it made Firebug's JS debugger look like a sick joke.

Comment

Working...
    X