• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft to give away anti-virus software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I've been running AVG for severla months and find it a pain in the ar*e when it updates itself - too intrusive.
    To be honest you'll probably hate Avira even more - it's very instrusive when it updates as it displays an advert.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Don't really need the email client integration as the threats would only come from attachments so if you save them locally and scan before opening, you should be OK. Right?
    That's essentially my view as well, but my email also gets scanned for viruses on the server.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Threats also come from some images that are downloaded when you open emails, so you would have to make sure your client is set to not download content automatically as well.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Avast downloads in the background, it does pop up a message when it's finished to let you know there has been an update, but you can turn this off in the settings.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          So what is the best free AV software then?

could do with some new stuff as Norton is about to run out of its free trial period
          Look no further than avast! it's the best, been using it for years now.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
          X