• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanna listen to my ipod in my car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna listen to my ipod in my car

I have an Ipod Touch and I want to be able to listen to it in the car.
    I believe that there are some devices that pick up radio frequencies and allow you to do this.

Anyone got good results from one of these gizmos?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I have an Ipod Touch and I want to be able to listen to it in the car.
    I believe that there are some devices that pick up radio frequencies and allow you to do this.

Anyone got good results from one of these gizmos?
    The Griffin iTrip range supposedly deliver good results - thinking of getting one myself.
    Last edited by voodooflux; 2 May 2009, 19:00.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

My iTrip is rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        My iTrip is rubbish
        Wassup with it? Which one do you have?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          My iTrip is rubbish
          WHS++. If there's any radio interference (any other broadcasts on the same frequencies) even weak ones, it makes listening to it painful.

I ended up buying one of those old fashioned tape<->phono jack converters (my car as a tape player and cd stacker system in it). Alternatively headunits with either a jack in, or iPod control are pretty cheap now.
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=175

I've got a denison ice link. Lets you use the steering wheel controls to change track etc.

Avail for most factory fitted car stereos.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              WHS++. If there's any radio interference (any other broadcasts on the same frequencies) even weak ones, it makes listening to it painful.

I ended up buying one of those old fashioned tape<->phono jack converters (my car as a tape player and cd stacker system in it). Alternatively headunits with either a jack in, or iPod control are pretty cheap now.
              ^^WHS

Alternatively, you could try a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play 2.

(Version 1 is as cheap as chips now - try eBay).

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=175

I've got a denison ice link. Lets you use the steering wheel controls to change track etc.

Avail for most factory fitted car stereos.
                Me too, got it after spending the whole trip to the alps this year faffing with an itrip.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Wassup with it? Which one do you have?
                  OK I admit it's an old one, here http://giedrius70.com/GRIFFIN/ipod-itrip-lcd_1.jpg so perhaps the latest ones are a little less crap. But just how far has FM technology come since 2006?

Transmitted signal strength is weak and it must be tuned to a frequency absolutely miles away from any other station - which is surprisingly difficult when you come to try it.

Like Clippy, I got an old fashioned tape<->phono jack converter which works very well (and doesn't drain the iPod's battery!).

Comment

We use iTrip, works well. Easy to find an empty frequency, look at the top/bottom ends. Unless you live somewhere with a thousand pirate radio stations hogging everything, I suppose?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X