• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office professional on a netbook?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's fast enough for VS 2008 - also office 2003 is fine too (would not use 2007 even if it run on it).
    Thanks Atw

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
      Thanks Atw
      That's AtW!

Comment

The NC10 will run Office 2007 fine, however Outlook finds the screen a bit tight on real estate. But it's usuable. Word and the rest are fine.

Also the Asus 901 with a new O/S install of Easy Peasy from www.geteasypeasy.com uses the latest OpenOffice. And this handles MS Office documents very well.

You should upgrade memory as it only costs about £20 to get a 2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM ram stick. On both machines it is very easy to do. I used Corsair 2GB Value SO-DIMM DDR2 stick in both machines.

Comment

NC10 has been running fine for a week now... office 2007 running good, although previous post about the screen getting a bit busy when in Outlook is true. I'm running personal calendar and client calendar at same time too so thats double trouble!

I seem to be leaning over my desk a little more now! But its a whole lot easier on the train when sitting opposite some bloke with a 19" laptop, cock.

Comment

Working...
          X