• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For anyone one using Nike+iPod

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is quite good (and free). You can set up routes and calculate the distance. I'm sure that there are other similar sites.

http://www.run.com
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      I usually prefer the garmin forerunner.

I had the 201, the 305 and last week I had to have the 405. You can easily feed the inner geek even for running.
      I've seen so-so reports on the 405, some people prefer the old 305.

What do you think?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is there an app or device that can tell me how long I've been sitting in my armchair? I keep on realising that I meant to go to the pub half an hour ago

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Is there an app or device that can tell me how long I've been sitting in my armchair?
          I have one of those. She also cooks
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Update

Ok - so used it for a month.

I must say that I'm impressed (up to a point).

My average pace per km has dropped by nearly 10 seconds and it appears that my running duration has increased.

The problem is that the noddy Nike+ site is very pretty (lots of wavy lines and km checkpoints) but light on details. I can't do split times and I'd like to look in more detail at parts of the run. I'd also like to show multiple runs on one graph for comparison purposes.

In fact I'd rather like a spreadsheet per run as well as a wavy line.

It might be time to look more closely at Garmin.

PS - Really impressed with the Podrunner podcasts though - they're the main reason for the improvement; the Nike+ is mainly for motivation and getting me to put my trainers on when I might not have bothered before...
            Last edited by cojak; 9 May 2009, 18:27.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X