• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For anyone one using Nike+iPod

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone one using Nike+iPod

Check out www.podrunner.com. you can download (for free) interval training sessions for 5km, 8km, 10km, 1/2 marathon and full marathon. there are audio cues to help you know when to start and stop you warmups, cool downs and intervals.

What a geek trip...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Check out www.podrunner.com. you can download (for free) interval training sessions for 5km, 8km, 10km, 1/2 marathon and full marathon. there are audio cues to help you know when to start and stop you warmups, cool downs and intervals.

What a geek trip...
    I usually prefer the garmin forerunner.

I had the 201, the 305 and last week I had to have the 405. You can easily feed the inner geek even for running.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

What a geek trip...
      I think the Nike + thing is a really good idea. Just a pity the trainers are pants for running.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I quite agree, that's why I use proper running shoes with the sensor in a pouch attached to my laces...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I quite agree, that's why I use proper running shoes with the sensor in a pouch attached to my laces...

Does that work then? Never thought about it. Does it not flap about a little bit?
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

the Polar system?

how accurate is it?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Don't know about Polar - this is just a neoprene pouch for the Nike sensor. Accurate enough for me. I calculated 400 metres on Google maps for calibration* purposes and the iPod was pretty damn spot on when I got to the point indicated on Google.

*the iPod was calibrating me, not the other way round...
              Last edited by cojak; 20 April 2009, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Does that work then? Never thought about it. Does it not flap about a little bit?
                No - the pouch attaches top and bottom.

Comment

No - the pouch attaches top and bottom.
                  Does the pouch come with it or special purchase?

Comment

You have to buy it separately and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a contractor I'd say it was outrageously expensive for what it was...

Comment

Working...
                    X