• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "For anyone one using Nike+iPod"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Update

Ok - so used it for a month.

I must say that I'm impressed (up to a point).

My average pace per km has dropped by nearly 10 seconds and it appears that my running duration has increased.

The problem is that the noddy Nike+ site is very pretty (lots of wavy lines and km checkpoints) but light on details. I can't do split times and I'd like to look in more detail at parts of the run. I'd also like to show multiple runs on one graph for comparison purposes.

In fact I'd rather like a spreadsheet per run as well as a wavy line.

It might be time to look more closely at Garmin.

PS - Really impressed with the Podrunner podcasts though - they're the main reason for the improvement; the Nike+ is mainly for motivation and getting me to put my trainers on when I might not have bothered before...
    Last edited by cojak; 9 May 2009, 18:27.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Is there an app or device that can tell me how long I've been sitting in my armchair?
    I have one of those. She also cooks

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Is there an app or device that can tell me how long I've been sitting in my armchair? I keep on realising that I meant to go to the pub half an hour ago

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I usually prefer the garmin forerunner.

I had the 201, the 305 and last week I had to have the 405. You can easily feed the inner geek even for running.
    I've seen so-so reports on the 405, some people prefer the old 305.

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    This is quite good (and free). You can set up routes and calculate the distance. I'm sure that there are other similar sites.

http://www.run.com

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    You have to buy it separately and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a contractor I'd say it was outrageously expensive for what it was...

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No - the pouch attaches top and bottom.
    Does the pouch come with it or special purchase?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Does that work then? Never thought about it. Does it not flap about a little bit?
    No - the pouch attaches top and bottom.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Don't know about Polar - this is just a neoprene pouch for the Nike sensor. Accurate enough for me. I calculated 400 metres on Google maps for calibration* purposes and the iPod was pretty damn spot on when I got to the point indicated on Google.

*the iPod was calibrating me, not the other way round...
    Last edited by cojak; 20 April 2009, 09:00.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I quite agree, that's why I use proper running shoes with the sensor in a pouch attached to my laces...
    the Polar system?

how accurate is it?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I quite agree, that's why I use proper running shoes with the sensor in a pouch attached to my laces...

Does that work then? Never thought about it. Does it not flap about a little bit?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Check out www.podrunner.com. you can download (for free) interval training sessions for 5km, 8km, 10km, 1/2 marathon and full marathon. there are audio cues to help you know when to start and stop you warmups, cool downs and intervals.

What a geek trip...
    I think the Nike + thing is a really good idea. Just a pity the trainers are pants for running.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Check out www.podrunner.com. you can download (for free) interval training sessions for 5km, 8km, 10km, 1/2 marathon and full marathon. there are audio cues to help you know when to start and stop you warmups, cool downs and intervals.

What a geek trip...
    I usually prefer the garmin forerunner.

I had the 201, the 305 and last week I had to have the 405. You can easily feed the inner geek even for running.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic For anyone one using Nike+iPod

For anyone one using Nike+iPod

What a geek trip...

Working...
X