• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which MP3 palyer to buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which MP3 palyer to buy?

Cojak's post about her iPod prompted me to think about the long overdue replacement for my iPod. My 4Gb iPod has been chock full of music for ages and it is getting an irritation not being able to put more music on there. I have identified this device- (Sorry about the naff animations on the web page).

COWON D2

One thing that sells it to me is that it has 16Gb of memory and can be expanded to 48Gb by fitting a 32Gb SDHC memory card. It appeals to me since it is solid state memory (as opposed to hard drive) so should be reliable and seems to get good write ups on various websites.

What does the jury think of the COWON D2?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Cojak's post about her iPod prompted me to think about the long overdue replacement for my iPod. My 4Gb iPod has been chock full of music for ages and it is getting an irritation not being able to put more music on there. I have identified this device- (Sorry about the naff animations on the web page).

COWON D2

One thing that sells it to me is that it has 16Gb of memory and can be expanded to 48Gb by fitting a 32Gb SDHC memory card. It appeals to me since it is solid state memory (as opposed to hard drive) so should be reliable and seems to get good write ups on various websites.

What does the jury think of the COWON D2?
    Are you sure it's solid state memory and not just SD memory? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but am wondering if the life of the memory is really that great? I'll stick to the Apple IPod for now until a true SSD MP3 player (that is ITunes compatible) comes out.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I love my zune.

Comment

I must admit, I intend just getting an 8gb Nano...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Are you sure it's solid state memory and not just SD memory? Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but am wondering if the life of the memory is really that great? I'll stick to the Apple IPod for now until a true SSD MP3 player (that is ITunes compatible) comes out.
          Hmmm, maybe I misunderstand. It is SD memory. Isn't that solid state memory then? No moving parts unlike in hard drive players, hence comment about probable reliability. (Granted, hard drives are petty reliable these days I suppose).
          Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 13 April 2009, 15:24. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Why not use your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
              Why not use your phone?
              Hasn't got the memory capability and the Sony Ericsson things have a weird non-standard headphone jacks.

Comment

I'd sack the Sony phone and get an iPhone, the built in iPod is great plus its solid state and can do a billion other things.

If not, why not a 32GB iPod touch?

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                  I'd sack the Sony phone and get an iPhone, the built in iPod is great plus its solid state and can do a billion other things.

If not, why not a 32GB iPod touch?
                  I'll have a look thanks.

The price!

iPhone for Pay & Go is now available

Pay & Go customers can now enjoy the iPhone 3G without a monthly contract. The new iPhone 3G 8GB for Pay & Go will be available for £342.33 and the 16GB version for £391.27.
                  Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 13 April 2009, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

The price!
                    Yes, unfortunately not the cheapest gadget around, but in its defence it IS very very good, love mine.

You can pick up a Touch for less which does the same minus the phone, camera (which is rubbish anyway) and a couple of other bits and bobs - still a good bit of kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X