• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which MP3 palyer to buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Yes, unfortunately not the cheapest gadget around, but in its defence it IS very very good, love mine.

You can pick up a Touch for less which does the same minus the phone, camera (which is rubbish anyway) and a couple of other bits and bobs - still a good bit of kit.
    Don't doubt it for a second, however, Mrs Bloggs will be buying it as a birthday pressie, so I think it's too expensive, thanks.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The Sandisk Sansa Fuze range have been getting some good reviews lately, and seem to be very good value for money.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Hmmm, maybe I misunderstand. It is SD memory. Isn't that solid state memory then? No moving parts unlike in hard drive players, hence comment about probable reliability. (Granted, hard drives are petty reliable these days I suppose).
        Maybe it's my misunderstanding, but SSD/M (Solid State Disk/Memory) is made up of flash memory, but not the same type as SD memory.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Maybe it's my misunderstanding, but SSD/M (Solid State Disk/Memory) is made up of flash memory, but not the same type as SD memory.
          "Solid State" is not a trade name, it's a term used for storage without moving parts.

Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            "Solid State" is not a trade name, it's a term used for storage without moving parts.

Simples!
            Cheers, that's what I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              The Sandisk Sansa Fuze range have been getting some good reviews lately, and seem to be very good value for money.
              Thanks I'll take a look.

Comment

If you're already using iTunes for your music management it might be a PITA to change to something else (which you'd need to do if you switch to Sansa/Cowan).

IIRC, the iTunes default is to rip to AAC format (not MP3) which will only play on an iPod (again, IIRC).

That said, I'd probably go for a nano anyway - unless you want to carry whole music collections with you 16GB is plenty (on my 16Gb iphone I currently have 7 full length movies, 8 45-minute tv shows, and about 200 songs - there's still enough room for a few photos and apps).
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Depends on what you want, My 160GB iPod is creaking at the moment, so another of the same will be on the cards in the near future methinks. Especially since I got Double Twist. A single media manager for iPod, Nokia phone, Sony Network Walkman. Lovely.

http://www.doubletwist.com
                  (from DVD Jon)
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    If you're already using iTunes for your music management it might be a PITA to change to something else (which you'd need to do if you switch to Sansa/Cowan).

IIRC, the iTunes default is to rip to AAC format (not MP3) which will only play on an iPod (again, IIRC).

That said, I'd probably go for a nano anyway - unless you want to carry whole music collections with you 16GB is plenty (on my 16Gb iphone I currently have 7 full length movies, 8 45-minute tv shows, and about 200 songs - there's still enough room for a few photos and apps).
                    Thanks, I avoid ITunes like the plague. I use Winamp with my old iPod. AAC is supported as far as I can see by other brands now too. My 4Gb iPod has been creaking under the weight of my music collection for ages. The device will only be used for MP3s. So I guess a 16Gb machine will be enough, particularly if it can be extended with an SD card.
                    Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 14 April 2009, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                    X