• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a virus for fraudster/scamster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a virus for fraudster/scamster

Hi,

Some chap in Nigeria has tried to defraud me of a few $$$$. Is selling an Apple Mac on gumtree. Was located in the same city as me, then suddenly moved when I told him I could collect it in person. Of course he prefers cash up-front and then I can wait for the Mac to arrive....yeah right.

I've played email ping-pong for a couple of days now, but feel I should email this fraudulent relationship. Now rather than baiting this chap for another 2 months, I'd like to 'punish' him...

...so was thinking of sending him an email attachment with a virus that would give him some PC probs (along the lines of "Please find my payment details in the attached document").

So just need to get hold of a virus - can anyone help me? I usually delate the buggers when I discover them. And now I need one!

Or if you have a brighter idea for revenge, please divulge!

Thanks,

PC

I would advise just walking away, rather than falling foul of the Computer Misuse Act.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Surely it's not a 'misuse' sending some low-life crim some irritant little virus?

How many of these scum ever get caught??

Comment

That's right, vigilante justice is legal "if they deserve it".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          That's right, vigilante justice is legal "if they deserve it".
          And according to Harriet the court of public opinion holds a higher jurisdiction than the court of law
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
          X